Last week, I said I’d tell you about the nest box doors and the new feeder.
The new feeder is harder to show in pictures because I forgot to take them the last time the chicks ran out of food. It’s really easy though: I have a Dremel with a “MultiPurpose-Cutting-Bit” (don’t ask why there are all the hyphens) that I used to cut a hole for some two inch pipe. I used a male and female adapter to screw the spouts onto the container. I glued a 60º street elbow onto that. Because of the shape of the container (I think), I have the back of the container sitting on a 2×2 to shift it forward just a little to make the feed come out better. It might’ve worked better with three inch pipe, but I don’t really know. I need to add some more spouts, but they aren’t throwing as much feed all over the house, so I’m happy.